Proverbs 20:23 – “The Lord detests double standards; he is not pleased by dishonest scales”.
Lord, we are guilty of the double standard.
- We want to be loved, but we do not give love.
- We need grace, but we refuse to offer grace.
- We hate to be judged, but we quickly judge others.
- We long for comfort for ourselves, but we give no comfort to the hurting.
- We plead for forgiveness of our sins, but we will not forgive.
- We say God is the most important thing to us, but we spend no time with Him in His word or prayer.
- We say we love everyone, but we don’t reach out to anyone not like us.
- We say we are good, but we entertain evil thoughts.
- We tell others to be kind, but we seek to get even with those who hurt us.
- We claim to be truth-seekers, but we won’t speak truth.
- We call ourselves a people of peace, but we stir up strife for those around us.
- We declare ourselves people of the Light, but we walk in darkness.
- We sing “Victory in Jesus”, but we walk in defeat.
- We say our lives are eternal, but we focus on the temporal.
- We preach about trust in God, but we fret and worry instead of trust.
Lord, forgive us for living a double standard. Help us to walk as Children of God.
Ephesians 4:1 – “Therefore I…beg you to lead a life worthy of your calling, for you have been called by God”.